Reallusion and Faceware launch Faceware Realtime
Reallusion and Faceware Technologies, Inc., announce a new way to achieve pro-quality facial capture that quickens production time and blazes character animation with iClone 7 and Faceware Realtime for iClone.
Fast, Accurate, Markerless Facial Mocap
for Realtime Animation
Reallusion’s partnership with Faceware enables iClone 7 to achieve real-time facial motion capture and recording. This will empower indies and studios of all levels, giving them access to facial motion capture tools that are fast, accurate and markerless–all from a PC webcam.
Faceware Realtime for iClone is a professional quality real-time facial tracking software designed to give iClone users a simple, cost-effective, and powerful tool for animating character’s faces. Use a capable webcam to live mocap or a pre-recorded image sequence to drive natural human facial expressions and head movement. To fully utilize Faceware’s 42 facial tracking Face ID, iClone 7 now has 60 Facial Morphs.
“Faces are one of the hardest parts of the human body to animate, but with iClone 7 and Faceware Realtime for iClone, the process is now drastically easier for iClone users and those just getting started in the profession,” said Peter Busch, vice president of business development at Faceware Technologies. “The package is packed with powerful, yet intuitive, features that will enable animators at every level to produce some really great facial animation. We can’t wait to see what iClone users create!”
Capture Sources and Camera Settings
- PC Camera Tracking: Use PC cam, GoPro or ProHD cameras to live capture facial animation.
- Image Sequence: Convert any video for use as a facial tracking source, making production iterations convenient.
- Access to all available camera supported frame rate and resolution.
- Recommended High-Quality PC Camera:
- Logitech Brio Ultra HD, 60 fps
- Logitech HD Pro C920, 30 fps
- Face Tracking Model:
- statiCam for desktop capture
- HeadCam for head-mounted capture
Fast and Simple Calibration – One click. It’s that easy.
Calibrating the technology to your face is an important part of how Realtime for iClone works. Calibration establishes a baseline by ‘teaching’ the technology what your face looks like in a neutral pose. Unlike other tracking software, calibration in Realtime for iClone is fast and simple, allowing you to train the technology in a single button press and adjust on-the-fly for optimal results.
Synchronous Audio Recording during Facial Capture
- Optionally record live audio with the face capture session.
- Recorded audio generates lip synch data.
- Blend lip-synch and motion capture to create the best result.
Tracking Data Inspector
- Instant, dynamic feedback. These meters let you view your animation data in real time.
- Observe the relationship between your facial performance and the real-time data stream and adjust the result.
Custom Capture Profiles
- Default 60-morph capture profiles are optimized for StaticCam and HeadCam.
- Define expression style with morph sliders and save it as a Custom Capture Profile.
Feature-based Facial Strength Filters
- Globally or separately control the signal input strength for brows, eyelids, eyeballs, mouth, jaw, cheek, and head rotation.
- Easily capture stylized characters with proper strength settings for toning down or exaggerating features.
Optional Mocap Mouth Blend with Audio Lipsync Viseme
- Audio to Lipsync Analysis gives another level of lips and tongue accuracy and allows detailed Viseme editing.
- With the options to choose the blend ratio between facial mocap and audio lipsync, and achieve the optimal result.
Refinement and Face Key Timeline Editing
- Edit face capture performances in post with the iClone facial timeline.
- Access the motion clip track to edit & offset with face keys.
- Expression Intensity control through slider bars.
FBX Character & Animation Export
- Import and take your characters with facial captured animation to any game-engine or 3D application via 3DXchange Pipeline.
- The exported FBX characters keep full facial blend shapes, and their animation data in time sequence. You can re-edit them in other 3D tools for further possibilities
- Supports industry standard 3D character systems with the largest available face-rig ready character library and creation engine.
Total Character Tracking, Mapping and Animation Pipeline
Jeff Jasper, VFX pro on Faceware Realtime for iClone
“The Faceware Realtime iClone 7 system is a huge win for me as a Faceware user. It is by far the best integration of Faceware I have seen in any package. Combined with the new face keying, you have a powerful combination to deliver truly professional results. The fact that Reallusion has pulled all this off in a single release is truly amazing and I am super excited for the future of iClone.” ~ Jeff Jasper
Get Your 30-Day FREE Trial of Realtime for iClone!
The free trial of Faceware Realtime for iClone is available at Reallusion.com. In addition to iClone 7 and Realtime for iClone, you will also need the Facial Mocap plugin for iClone 7, developed by Reallusion. With these you’ll be creating realtime facial animation in record time.
You can also find Support for both Realtime for iClone and the Facial Mocap plugin here:
- Tutorials: https://mocap.reallusion.com/iClone-faceware-mocap/tutorial.html
- Articles: http://manual.reallusion.com/Facial_Mocap_for_Faceware_Plug_in/ENU/Default.htm
iClone Faceware Facial Mocap Plug-in Suite
* Works with iClone 7.02 above
This bundle includes:
- iClone Facial Mocap Plug-in for Faceware ($599)
- Faceware Realtime for iClone ($599)
List Price: US$1,198.00
NOW : US$999.00